Melhores hospitais de olhos na Índia
Não sabe por onde começar?
- Fale com o nosso médico da casa
- Receba uma resposta em 5 minutos
Eye surgery, also known as ocular surgery, is an advanced surgery performed on the eye or its adnexa by an ophthalmologist(the one who performs an eye surgery). The eye is a very fragile organ, and requires extreme care before, during, and after a surgical procedure.
An ophthalmologist is a person responsible for selecting the appropriate surgical procedure for the patient, and for taking the necessary safety precautions regarding the eye. The cirurgia ocular is widely practised type of surgery, having developed various techniques for treating eye-related problems
Types of eye surgery
1. Refractive and laser eye surgery- The refractive and laser eye surgery is also known as vision correction surgery as it is meant for fixing the vision of a patient. The surgery involves reshaping of the cornea to correct errors of refraction in the eye, thereby eliminating the need for corrective lenses.
2. Cataract surgery- The surgery involves cloud formation on the eye's crystalline lenses due to ageing, disease, or trauma thatypically prevents light from forming a clear image on the retina.
3. Glaucoma surgery- Glaucoma affects the optic nerve of the eye resulting in vision loss and increase of the intraocular
pressure. The surgery is performed to reduce this pressure. Depending on the severity of the problem, médicos either go for laser treatment or the incisional surgery that involves making a cut in the eye to reduce the intraocular pressure.
4. Vitreo-retinal surgery- This surgery is performed where gel-like vitreous and light-sensitive membrane (retina) is
found to correct conditions like macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy/vitreous haemorrhage or a detached retina.
5. Orbital/ Oculoplastic surgery- The surgery involves reshaping the area in and around the eye to correct a medical condition or for any cosmetic reasons.
6. Enucleation or Eye removal- An enucleation is the removal of the eye leaving the eye muscles and remaining orbital contents intact.
7. Corneal Surgery- Corneal transplant surgery, is used to remove a cloudy/diseased cornea andreplace it with a clear donor cornea. Also known as Keratoplasty, corneal transplant also helps in problems like corneal scarring, ulcers and diseases like Fuchs' dystrophy amongst others.
8. Presbyopia Surgery- Presbyopia means loss of normal reading vision after a certain age. In the past, the solutions for presbyopia were reading glasses or bifocals. But thankfully now there are many ways to overcome the challenges of presbyopia — including a variety of surgical options that can help you live a spectacles-free lifestyle.
Eye surgery hospitals in India
India is steadily emerging as the global destination for any medical treatment to be done. The country has the best and top quality hospitais de cirurgia ocular na Índia to match everybody's needs and budget. The country gets thousands of patients every year that suffer from eye-related problems which can result in various complications, including loss of vision. Here are few best eye surgery hospitals in India-
1. Dr R.P.Centre for ophthalmic sciences, New Delhi- Dr Rajendra Prasad Centre for Ophthalmic Sciences, established after the first president of India was developed to provide state of the art patient care, expand human resources for medical education and undertake research to find solutions to eye health problems of national importance.
2. Shroff eye hospital, New Delhi- Shroff Eye Centre offers state-of-the-art modern and advanced diagnostic, therapeutic, and rehabilitative services. It is counted among the best eye surgery hospitals in India.
3. L.V.Prasad eye hospital, Hyderabad- L V Prasad Eye Institute is an advanced eye surgery hospital in India and Ocular Tissue Engineering research centre, founded by Dr Gullapalli N Rao and Ramesh Prasad, son of L.V. Prasad in 1987.
4. Sankar Netralaya, Chennai- Sankara Nethralaya (SN) is a non-profit institution for ophthalmic care (i.e., an eye surgery hospital) in Chennai, India. The eye surgery hospital in India has 1000 employees and serves about 1200 patients per day, performing 100 surgeries per day.
5. Aravind Eye Hospital, Madurai- Aravind Eye Care Hospital was founded by Dr Govindappa Venkataswamy in 1976. The eye surgery hospital in India has performed nearly 4 million eye surgeries with the majority of them being for free.
A thing to note is that the cost of treatment in these eye surgery hospitals in India is low as compared to the western countries such as US and UK. Due to this fact, there is an influx of patients arriving in India for medical treatment.